Spectrum’s Outreach Support Service supports children, young people and adults up to twenty-five years of age.
Support is centred on the individual and is flexibly structured to meet the specific wants and needs of the person; whilst meeting the specification of the service purchaser.
In order to achieve the best outcomes for each and every individual, our aim is to understand their specific aims, goals and needs. We listen to the individual and refer to their person-centred plan to determine what these goals and aspirations are.
Sometimes, the individual approaches us with a specification of the service they would like us to provide. Alternatively, we offer an assessment process, which is completed alongside the individual, and in consultation with all interested parties, to design a per-son-specific service to best suit the individual.
We can help to:
• Maintain a tenancy, by helping people to understand their rights and responsibilities
• Support individuals to develop, maintain and learn new skills
• Support with accessing relevant benefits and services
• Support individuals to access leisure and social activities in the community
• Enable individuals to take part in work and educational activities.
• Support with taking and managing medication
• Support with managing money
• Support with recognising and taking action around health needs
We have a fully trained, dedicated team of Outreach Support Service Workers with a wide variety of skills, talents and qualifications. We have photographers, musicians, artists, Duke of Edinburgh trainers and Asdan Award Assessors.
The Manager of the service is Julie Pikesley. Julie holds a Level 7 National Professional Qualification in Management and HND in Management of Social Care. Julie has accumulated over 20 years’ experience of working in a variety of Social Care family centres and residential settings.
Referral and Assessment
If you think Spectrum could provide the right environment and support for you or someone with an autistic spectrum disorder or similar condition, then please contact us or go to our website to find out more.
You can access our services: through your local health authority; doctor; social worker; or as the holder of your own personalised budget. We will be happy to discuss your needs and support you throughout the process.
If you are interested in discussing our services, please get in touch with us.