Care Support Worker at Porth
39 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent, full time or part time.
Hourly rate: £10ph weekdays, £11.43ph weekend rate
Hours per week: Full time 39. Part time 20 or 30.
Responsible to: Registered Manager or designated Line Manager.
Location: Next to the beach at Porth, near Newquay.
Main Purpose of Job:
To assist the Registered Manager and team members in maintaining a high standard of care practice in accordance with the philosophy and aims and objectives of Spectrum.
Spectrum’s goal is to provide quality of life and the opportunity to develop for service users in its care. The organisation works to a value-base of respect for the dignity and uniqueness of each individual – service user, team member, stakeholders and the wider community.
Service Users, Service User families, Sponsoring Authorities, Regulatory Bodies, Partner Organisations, Suppliers and other stakeholders.
All team members, Registered Managers, Regional Managers, Senior Management Team, Chief Executive Officer, Trustees.
- To maintain a high level of service user supervision/support at all times.
- To contribute to the assessment of the needs of individual service users, and to the formation of programmes to meet those needs. These programmes will include educational, social, vocational, physical, life skills and therapeutic activities.
- To support service users in these activities.
- To contribute to the recording and evaluation of these activities.
- To produce reports for the Registered Manager and Management Team on service user progress.
- To ensure that service users’ medications are administered as prescribed by the General Practitioner, and recorded as required.
- To undertake the responsibilities of key worker to a service user.
- To attend internal and/or external case conferences, reviews and meetings as required.
Autistic people can present difficult-to-manage or challenging behaviour. This may on occasions necessitate having to physically intervene or remove service users from potentially difficult and/or hazardous situations in line with their agreed behaviour management programmes and Spectrum’s physical intervention policies. All team members working with service users undertake intensive training in positive behavioural management
Click her for a full job descriptionApply