39 hours per week
We are pleased to announce that we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to to undertake a Deputy Manager role on a 9-month temporary basis to cover maternity leave. The post will be based at St Erme near Truro.
In this role you will support the Regional Manager and Registered Manager in managing Spectrum’s resources in line with the Code of Conduct, Statement of Values, Policies and Procedures. You will share management duties within the service and support the Registered Manager in taking responsibility for service users and managing the resources.
More specifically you will:
- provide care and support to service users in a way that demonstrates a person-centred approach to enable them to live an independent and fulfilling life.
- assist in the development and maintenance of a happy, stimulating and secure environment for all service users.
- work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team and lead on agreed programmes.
- be responsible for ensuring all records relating to service users and their progress are accurate and updated
- use Spectrum’s performance management processes to provide management, supervision, support and guidance to your team.
- promote a team approach to ensure continuity of care and ensure that team members responsibilities are fully implemented.
- be responsible for training of self and team members in line with Spectrum’s current training policy.
ensure the effective deployment of team members in your service.
- participate in recruitment and selection processes.
- attend internal or external case conferences, reviews and meetings, as required.
- undertake the full range of care duties, including being rota’s on duty and undertaking, and ensuring team members undertake, sleep-in duties as required.
- participate in the on-call system.
We are looking for:
- a recognised Health and Social Care qualification.
- experience of supervising the work of others and deploying staff on a rota.
- knowledge and understanding of learning difficulties and specialist care services.
- experience of working in a care environment.
- good verbal and written communication skills.
- ability to produce clear reports and keep accurate records.
- ability to think and act quickly to intervene or take appropriate action in the event of challenging situations.
- ability to work in a way that recognises diversity of service users and team members.
- an ability to initiate and engage autistic people in a wide variety of social, educational, vocational, recreational and domestic activities.
- understanding of the legislative requirements around care of vulnerable people, MCA and DOLS.
What we can offer you:
- £25,000 per annum pro rata.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays.
- Death in Service Benefit.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Monetary Referral Scheme.
- High street discounts (via BLC Scheme)
- Rolling rotas so you can plan ahead and create an excellent work life balance.
- A comprehensive induction and training programme at our very own training centre.
For more information about the role or to apply please email the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01326 371000.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check, with a check against the adults and children’s barred list.Apply