Positive Behavioural Support Lead
39 hours per week
We are expanding our care support teams with the role of Positive Behavioural Support Lead.
Spectrum continues to develop and refine its approaches towards supporting autistic people who may have other associated conditions. Together with other professionals, a methodology of strategies and interventions was devised which became the core of Spectrum’s non-aversive, proactive behaviour management techniques.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Cornwall’s specialist autism charity and help to implement our positive behavioural support strategy.
In this role you will:
– be a practice leader and model for value-based services caring for autistic people and those who have associated conditions.
– directly provide support to help develop and maintain high-quality Person-Centred Plans (PCP), ‘My Plans’ and Health Files.
– work in partnership with all team members to ensure discussion points and behavioural guidelines are implemented and recorded appropriately.
– work in partnership with the development team to support team members to implement any future service user developments.
– take on the responsibility of the shift leader in the absence of the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager.
– contribute to the assessment of needs for individual service users, and to the formation of programmes to meet those needs.
– undertake the responsibilities of key worker to a service user.
We are looking for:
– A broad knowledge of autism and associated conditions.
– Excellent computer skills with the ability to use a range of Microsoft products.
– Demonstrable understanding of the legislative requirements, including the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).
– Sound knowledge of Person-Centred Plans and My Plans.
– Ability to support, develop and enable individuals in the pursuance of individual goals.
– A recognised Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification and a commitment to work towards and achieving Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification.
– To have or be working towards a PBS qualification.
– Experience in leading, supporting and supervising a team within a relevant care service.
– Excellent verbal and written communicate skills.
– A full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We can offer you:
– £23,000 per annum
– 25 days’ annual leave entitlement plus English bank holidays (or time off in lieu)
– Company Pension Scheme
– Death in service benefit
– Referral Scheme
– Free onsite parking
– Highstreet discounts at shops and restaurants
For more information about the role or to apply please email the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or call 01326 371000.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check, with a check of the barred lists for both adult and children’s services.Apply