Senior Care Support Worker
39 hours per week
Spectrum’s goal is to provide quality of life and the opportunity to develop for service users in our care. We work to a value-base of respect for the dignity and uniqueness of everyone – service users, team members, stakeholders and the wider community.
We are looking to expand and grow our care teams with Senior Care Support Workers.
You will manage and lead the shift under the guidance of, or in the absence of, the Registered/Deputy Manger within the service and support the Registered Manager in taking responsibility for service users and managing the resources designated to the service.
In this role you will:
– lead a team of Care Support Workers over the duration of a shift, providing appropriate care and support to our service users in a way the demonstrates a person-centred approach.
– help ensure that service users have a clear voice in relation to how they live their lives and what outcomes they are seeking.
– assist in the development and maintenance of a happy, stimulating and secure environment for all service users.
– support the Registered Manager to provide management, supervision, support and guidance to the team.
– carry out delegated administrative functions as and when required. These may include; Service users’ case records, incident sheets, accident records, financial records, medication records, vehicle checks, house safety checks and daily EasyLog updates.
We are looking for:
– Broad knowledge of autism and other related conditions.
– Demonstrable experience of working in a care environment.
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to produce clear reports and keep accurate records.
– Ability to deal with potentially stressful environment of verbal or physical challenging service users.
– Ability to use a range of Microsoft products.
– Ability to work in a way that recognises diversity of service users and team members.
– An ability to initiate and engage autistic people in a wide variety of social, educational, vocational, recreational and domestic activities.
– A recognised Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification and a commitment to work towards and achieving Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification.
– Demonstrable understanding of the legislative requirements around care of vulnerable people, MCA and DOLS.
We can offer you:
– £23,000 per annum
– 25 days’ annual leave entitlement plus English bank holidays (or time off in lieu)
– Company Pension Scheme
– Death in service benefit
– Referral Scheme
– Free onsite parking
– Highstreet discounts at shops and restaurants
For more information about the role or to apply please email the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01326 371000.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, with a check of the barred lists for both adult and children’s services.Apply